Do you have new projects?Do you have new initiatives you will like to share? Well if yes, OpenCon 2018 is for you. Applications are now being accepted by OpenCon 2018 conference and includes the opportunity to apply for a travel scholarship.
About OpenCon 2018
OpenCon is more than a conference. It’s a platform for the next generation to learn about Open Access, Open Education, and Open Data, develop critical skills, and catalyze action toward a more open system for sharing the world’s information—from scholarly and scientific research, to educational materials, to digital research data.
The OpenCon conference and community are only possible with the support of leading organizations with a strong commitment to support student and early career academic professional involvement across Open Access, Open Education, and Open Data. Sponsorship contributions comprise a majority of the funds used to organize the meeting each year and provide travel scholarships.
Benefits Of OpenCon 2018
The benefits of applying for OpenCon 2018 extend far beyond attending the meeting in Toronto this November.
- It’s an opportunity to find new collaborators, get connected with scholarships to attend related conferences, and actively participate in a larger community of Open advocates year-round.
- Various students and early career academic professionals initiatives can be supported.
- Those who also have new ideas for new projects will also be supported.
Eligibility For The OpenCon 2018
- OpenCon’s target audience is students of all levels, early career researchers, and young professionals in fields related to scholarly and scientific research (e.g. librarians, publishers, advocates, etc).
- Students, early career researchers, and young professionals from all countries are welcome to attend OpenCon.
- Early career is a flexible term and generally means someone within about 10 years of the beginning of their professional career (i.e. after graduating with their terminal degree).
- Applicants must be eighteen years of age or older to attend OpenCon.
OpenCon is a unique meeting in that the organizers will provide full or partial travel scholarships to a large number of the participants at the meeting. In past meetings, the majority of participants received full or partial scholarships.
What do scholarships cover?
Scholarship funding is available for the following expenses:
- Roundtrip ticket (air, train or bus) to Toronto, Canada from the departure city indicated in your application
- Accommodation during the nights of the conference (shared room with participant of the same sex)
- Participation fee that covers registration and most meals
- Visa application fee (if needed)
If you are invited and are awarded a scholarship, your invitation will specify which of the above expenses are included. Please note that scholarships will not cover travel to and from the airport, meals that are not provided at the conference, insurance, or other incidental expenses. Note that due to the number of scholarships we will be granting, they cannot process any reimbursements from receipts. Therefore scholarship funding will only apply for travel and accommodation booked through OpenCon’s travel agent.
Procedures On How To Apply For OpenCon 2018
Complete the form below to apply for OpenCon 2018.
First, enter your email address to unlock the rest of the questions. Once you begin, you can save your progress at any time by clicking “Save for Later” at the bottom of the form. You will then be sent an email with a secure link that you may use to resume your application later.
The deadline to apply for OpenCon 2018 is July 13 at 11:59 U.S. Pacific Time. Drafts not submitted by that date will be considered final. All questions are required unless otherwise noted.
See more information at OpenCon 2018Official Site
Or you can visit Here to apply.
See other posts:
IJMB REGISTRATION FORM 2018/2019 IS OUT
Gain Admission Into 200 Level In Any University Without JAMB Using IJMB. IJMB Is The Most Secure and Fastest Way to Gain Admission Into 200 Level. Click Here To Read More About IJMB And Apply